Strength Within is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with all applicable data protection and privacy laws. We take data protection very seriously and are committed to ensuring that your information is safe and your privacy is protected. We uphold the highest standards of client confidentiality and meet our statutory requirements under the Data Protection Acts.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUNDS
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Customer and Client Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract. Outside of account creation, billing and transactional services, all other client data received in the course of provision of our coaching services is anonymised
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us, and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant newsletters, updates, website content and advertisements to you, and measure or understand the effectiveness of these practices. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Strength Within will not disclose any of your personal information and will not sell, exchange or share any of the above listed pieces of information to any third-parties. Your personal information will remain private and extremely confidential. In certain circumstances, we may need to share personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
If these instances occur, we will require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. Typically, data is stored for up to two years and then deleted. If you would like to access your data or erase it sooner rather than later that, you can do so by contacting us.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
This website is hosted by Blacknight and uses WordPress. It may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. Such third-party websites include Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Paypal.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. The cookies we use throughout our website are strictly necessary and do not gather any personal information about you. This technology permits us to better understand users’ behaviour on our website. It also helps to measure and manage the effectiveness of our online presence and our web searches.
Anonymous tracking software (Google Analytics)
These cookies gather anonymous data and visitor statistics regarding how people use the site, details of pages viewed etc. This information informs our site content and enables us to tailor content accordingly.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
Strength Within may update or change this policy at any time; and the update will be posted on our website. Any significant changes directly related to your personal information will be communicated to you immediately.